Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hello to all my family!

So this message will be to several different parts of the family, so get ready for the sermon!

To my dearest little sister Lauren, of which I have not heard anything from in the last I dont know probably 4 months....I know not how you are doing and do surely desire to find out the cause of such lack of communication. For surely as I liveth I will continue to write mine epistle to my family only if they will then in return send an epistle back.

To the boisterous and strong laddie, Jared! You're alright! I haven't heard from you in ages!!! I don't know if it's just that in the last few months you haven't found 5 min. to write your brother a letter idk But I'm not bitter because I was warned and forewarned that at about 6 months out I would cease receving post of anykind from everyone inculding family. But that's okay - you stopped at about 4 months so I don't have to worry about not getting post from you at the 6 month mark. Anyways feel free to write me before I come home at the 18 month mark!

Erin, I havent heard too much from just because of your business. But I hope you got the letter I sent with the loads of airmail stickers on them. Haha. It was way fun putting all of those on. I didn't actually know if they would be able to send it to you but I hope that you have been able to get the card I sent you for your birthday! I have plans for Christmas already in the works ;) Anyways I hope your doing well! And no, by the way I have not gotten any of the post you sent. It's probably all at my last flat. Except there is no one there anymore because the missionaries who were there got ET'd. So it's probably in a huge pile of post for me! Okay maybe just one or two letters.... Take care with all that you do in Logan I hope everything continues to be well!

Mom, I love the e-mails, and yes the pictures came through. I'm thankful for the weekly e-mails, and the Halloween post, and all such gifts from the family. They are greatly appriciated. And from the lack of post that I get I'm glad to hear the updates you put in about Jared and Lauren becuase most of their lives have been lost to me. It is only through your telling me about them in the e-mails that I get to hear anything about them. Anyways Mom I put up the Halloween decorations and the Fall decorations and the magnets and all such items! I also shared my Halloween candy with Elder Walker! I thank you for being such a good e-mailing mom and I'm sure it helps to have my laptop to push that along ;) I love you!

Dad, I'm glad to continue to recieve post from you, and the maple leaves you sent :) I'm also glad to get those snipits of your journal. I love hearing about you mission so I can compare it to mine. I'm also glad to be updated on the things that happen around the house and work and all that sort of thing. I'm glad that when you read my e-mail you don't start to cry. I'm glad you proud of me and excited for me becuase each new day is another excitement when you're riding your bike through the tiny streets of England! Anyways I'm glad your doing well. I pray everyday that you back holds up with all that yard work that you have said you have done. I pray that you will be okay and not injure yourself too much doing that, since I'm not around to help you out with the load of things to be done! I love you and I'm glad your doing well!

I love my family and I'm glad your all doing well! I'm doing just as good as I could be and we will leave it at that! I love the Lord and this work! And I would not be anywhere else. And while it is hard to be away from friends, and they miss you, and all sorts of others things will come up I'd not give up this short time for what I'm doing right now! I love you and I'll see you in a year and a half!

Love Elder Brooksby

P.S. I entered the MTC on the 14th of May and that is when my time started counting. So on the 14th of November it will be 6 months!

No comments: