Wednesday, November 26, 2008

FREE!!!!

Hello!!!!!!

Okay the first item on the agenda today is No, I HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE PACKAGE YET! The Zone leaders forgot to pick up the post at transfers. Needless to say we were pretty unhappy because both of us were expecting packages of some sort or other. Elder Walker was expecting a package from his girlfriend, so we were both pretty unhappy! Today we are supposed to be getting some post from the Zone leaders!

Today we are also going to the Costford RAF museum! I can not wait. I heard it is really good! Ohhh and the best part is it's FREE!!!! We just have to ride a ways on our bikes to get there. But it will all be worth it!

I'm having my trousers sewn up by a sister in the Branch. She said she didn't think it would be much of a problem. I'm thankful that is also FREE. I think you just get blessed with FREE things when your on you mission. Like the way I had my nice new metal pedals bashed by chavs with hammers or something, maybe bricks, but they were battered and then the member fixing my bike got me new plastic pedals for FREE. So...it's okay. Elder Walker's bike wasn't fixable so he got a new one. It's way nice. We immediately went and sprayed his bike black instead of leaving it bright red! I rode it for a little bit and it's a way nice ride!!!! So now he bombs it down the paths and leaves me in the dust.

By the way, on another note, I just found out from a member that they get free international calling, so for a backup if I can not call using that card then I'll still be able to go to their house for the call. But I'm sure when it gets closer we will have everything sorted out!

Well, I think that's it! I'm going to go enjoy myself at the RAF museum and take loads of pictures so I can burn a picture CD later on today and send that with all the videos as well!

So I'm doing fine. I'm starting to break out my long johns now a days because of the cold rain that keeps falling from the sky! Anyways, I'm alive and well and still with Elder Walker! I love Wolverhampton. It's a lot like living in Schenectady, up on the hill! That's what all of Wolverhampton is like! It's an acquired taste, but what are you gonna do!

Hey, by the way Dad, I ate octopus the other day! I thought you'd be proud of me! A little chewy but not too too bad! I'll send you the video of me eating it!

Alright- give my regards to the family and the ward. And tell the missionaries that I have no sympathy for them. I've been riding a bike since day 1!!!

I love you all!

Elder Brett Brooksby

1 comment:

Judy said...

Brother and Sister Brooksby and Elder Brooksby, I don't know how you found our blog, but I'm sure glad you did. It was great reading your comment, and getting a little advance introduction to your son. We look forward to meeting him, and all of the missionaries, in a few short months. We were beyond excited to find out our assignment. We've been there once, and thought it was the most beautiful place on earth. Everything we've heard about the mission sounds wonderful.