Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hello mudduh hello fathuh

It's been raining a lot this week, so yes, your estimations that it would be raining here were correct! There's just nothing like tracting for 6 hours in the rain because your teaching pool is not very big anymore after baptizing all the people in your teaching pool. So last week I got word from the Elders I served with in SLC South that one of the ladies I got to teach with them got baptized.

Now like I said we just have to build up that teaching pool and that means we need to start to tract even further away from our flat. Which means probably taking a train out to a different part of our area and then staying there all day while we tract.

Now to answer some more of those questions:
The Camelbak! It is wonderful. It can carry my rain jacket, my scriptures, and my umbrella and also all the water to keep me going all throughout the day! What a wonderful choice to have! However, even though it is nice it is not a shoulder bag so it is harder to get you Restoration pamphlets out or the Plan of Salvation pamphlets out of. But that would be the only downside. And a lot of missionaries do use them, so I'd recommend them to those leaving on missions soon!

The rain gear is wonderful. That one rain jacket we bought from Missionary Mall works good because it's easy to pack with you and it is also very water proof and keeps you dry and warm as a result. I haven't had to break out my trench coat yet but I have used my rubbers and my boots. So all in all, my rain gear is working out alright for me :)

The Fall - I guess you could say that it is starting to come....it gets dark like black dark at about 4:00 pm. and makes tracting feel like it's going all night, and it just makes you more tired I think. Then you also have to have lights on your bikes and all sorts of reflective gear, so that's good but you always have to have your lights with you after lunch because you won't come home till dinner at 5:00 pm. when it's already dark. Yes, it is getting colder but still no snow yet so it's not as cold as NY yet.

Dinner appointments have to be finished with by 6:00 pm now which makes it incredibly difficult to be fed by anyone in the ward, but those are the rules and we are blessed if we follow those rules! Although we are still getting fed by a couple in the ward 2X a week, so I guess we still get fed.

Well that's all the questions I have to answer. Things are going well here in Sheldon. Especially because we are baptizing, and we got a Sheldon B Companionship now so Sheldon B helps out cover our area, which is quite huge. So - I'm doing great and all I can say is I love post but haven't gotten any in a week and my companion gets some every day, so it's kinda difficult because of that - but you know, what can I do about it?

Anyways, I love you all and I'm glad to hear about things from home. I'm glad you tasted 16 miles of bike riding. Now just do that every day and tack on another 9 miles onto that and that's what I've been riding recently so I guess you kind of understand how I feel!

No comments: