Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Where's Dad?

So it's been a few weeks now and all I have gotten is a few mentions of dad over the last few e-mails. While it is nice to get post, and yes I do like it, dad can still send e-mail if he wants to. Anyways, thanks for sending my insoles. I haven't gotten them yet but I expect that I will in the next couple of weeks or whenever someone from the zone goes to the mission home. That is the problem with sending it to the mission home, I don't get the package for a few weeks. But at the same time it's better than me getting some note saying they were unable to drop off my package and want me to come pick it up at some post office far from my flat.

So anyways, what was this I hear that some girl was calling our house looking for my address!?!?! hmmm I like post from Girls....It's nice to be able to brag to your companion who always gets at least two letters a day that you have some girl who will write you! The situation would go something like this:

Setting: Birmingham England
Place: 12 Waterloo Rd.
Background: the post has just gotten drooped through the mail slot!
Elder Brooksby: POST!!!!!!!
Elder Rose: Give me my Post! It's probably all for me!
Elder Brooksby: It's always for you, all I get is referrals from the office....
Elder Rose: One letter, Two letters, 3 Letters and a small package!!!!
Elder Brooksby: Yes I got something!
Elder Rose: Who's it from?
Elder Brooksby: It's from A GIRL! BOOYAZ!!!!
Elder Rose: A Girl!?! ( a little upset that a girl would be writing him)
Elder Brooksby: True Live! It's from the opposite Gender!!!!!
Elder Rose: ooooooo
Elder Brooksby: I know.....I can barley hold in my excitement!
Narrator: Elder Rose quickly begins to read his letters as if not bothered that he didn't get post from any girls and hasn't for quite some time but continually looks up from time to time and makes faces at the all too happy Elder Brooksby!
Elder Rose: How was the letter!?
Elder Brooksby: Excellent I DO certainly enjoy those kind of letters!
Elder Rose: Well there was this girl who said she'd write me too!
Elder Brooksby: And has she?
Elder Rose: No, only my family writes me.
Elder Brooksby: My dad writes me and my mom occasionally. I think they are looking for that happy medium but, I wasn't expecting any girls to write me. And ohhh what joy it does bring to my soul when I do get post like that!
Narrator: Elder Rose gets up and leaves the room. Elder Brooksby then re-reads his letter and cherishes it and immediately plans on what to write back next P-day!

The End!

SO yea it goes like that in the missionary world. I love getting post from home and from girls! It just makes me feel loved and gives me that extra boost in the morning to go out and run around and talk to everyone and convert the World!!!!! OK maybe not, but I do love post when I get it!

As far as the flat goes. Yes, I have an oven so I can use that for my insoles and I also got my Elections letter and I sent that back.

Well I have to go now. I hope everything is good at home. I love you both Mom and Dad (Dad I'm glad to have gotten your letter. I liked the journal thing, it was a good idea). I'm glad that the whole family is doing well. Yes encourage every young man at home to serve a mission. You'll probably hear something in Sacrament meeting in the next few weeks pertaining to that because I plan on writing the Bishop today! Anyways I have to go, time's up. I hope you enjoyed this edition on Elder Brooksby's Missionary Life!

Role Play done by Elder Brooksby ;)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

hahahahaha!! oh wow, I laughed so much!!! Hey, has Brett said anything about getting my package? I sent it in August....That would be sad if he didn't.