Saturday, May 24, 2008

I've been at the MTC for 5 days

May 18, 2008

Dear Mom, Dad, Jared, and Lauren,

I’ve been at the MTC for 5 days now and have been the most busy I have ever been in my entire life. The sleep you get feels like just enough to get you through until the end of the day. Sitting in class for four to five hours is a new experience all together.

My companion’s name is Elder Touli. He is originally from Samoa, but he grew up in Los Angeles, CA. He still speaks fluent Samoan. He’s a really great elder.

I have a great district with three sets of Elders and two sets of sisters. Our teachers are really great! Brother Petersen and Sister Billings and both return missionaries and are great at teaching us the gospel and how to plan our days. I share a room with Elder Winslow and Elder Ball. Both are great. Most of my District is going to Seattle, WA with the exception of Sister Lewis (who got here a week early and is going to Catania, Italy) and Sister Smith and Sister Sykes who are going to Melbourne, Australia.

I have been reading the scriptures and praying a lot. Preach My Gospel is a great book, but right now I like reading True to the Faith. Tell Jared to read the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel so that when he gets to the MTC he’ll be ready for everything.

The MTC is great! The food is like BYU-Idaho’s. I’m learning a lot as well as growing a lot and I know I’m here to do the Lord’s work.

I love and miss you all,

Elder Brett Brooksby

1 comment:

Erin said...

Brother Petersen, Brett's teacher, is one of my good friends from my freshman year. Tagg Petersen. He and Meg were on and off a lot during Freshman year and he's engaged now. Small world!