Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mission life in Eastwood

We got an e-mail from Brett today. It was funny - we ended up being on computers at the same time. I realized when I got up with Jared for Seminary this morning that I had forgotten to e-mail Brett. And I know that by around 8:00 a.m. our time we usually have an e-mail - sometimes sooner. So at 6:00 a.m. I e-mailed a short e-mail telling Brett that I was typing right then. The I typed an e-mail in two parts, so he'd at least get one. I know that he got the first one because that is what he replied to. I have no idea if he got part two of my e-mail. But at least he got something from me.

He said that he's loving being in Eastwood. He said that he's working hard and that there is no place he'd rather be. He said: "I've never loved anything more, I don't think, than doing what I'm doing here and serving the Lord! I love it, and really, I don't want to go home.....sorry mom. I know I have to because President Ogden doesn't let people extend their missions, but I don't want this to end. And like the apostles say, it doesn't you just continue on a different plane of thought and lifestyle!"

Brett is trying to find a way to get down to the town of Brooksby before he leaves England. Hopefully he'll find a way. A picture of Elder Brooksby by the sign for the town of Brooksby would be awesome.

Brett's bike was damaged during his transfer ride on the bus last week. So it was good to hear that he was able to "jimmy rig" his bike to the point where it works after some fashion. He said that it's not a very nice ride, but it gets him from place to place.

1 comment:

The Andrew Family said...

Poor Brett and bikes!

Love hearing how much he loves his mission.