Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just fine in Tywnyrodyn

Well, it’s been a fun week, where to begin? Okay, Thursday, we went e-mailing, then proceeded to climb two of the most vertical hills I have ever seen in my life!!! On my bicycle!!!! That really took it out of me. And then as if the two hills weren’t good enough we went through a path to a council estate called the Gurnos, and then up an even bigger hill to the Gulon Uchaf (pronounced gulenuhhhca). So we live in a pretty big valley and if I wasn't fit from before in my previous area things are definitely going to change! My body is already hurting from multiple fun things we have done this week!

Fun thing # 1: On the way to church we were riding our bikes with one of our projections, Brandon who is 10 years old and my tyre popped half-way there. And then the tyre came off which wouldn’t allow me to roll it any farther. So for the last 3/4 of a mile I carried my bike over my shoulders to the church on Swansea Road! Then when we got there we walked into the gym and fixed the flat. Then we went out and put the tyre back onto the bike, and started to pump it up and then all of a sudden my tyre blew out!!! It was way loud!!!! So we had to have the sister missionaries in the Beacon Heights ward help us to get home after church using their bike carrier! So we walked the rest of the day!

Then we went out yesterday and went to the bike shop to get a new tube and a funny thing happened, the bike shop gave me the wrong size tube. And since it is such a far walk we just hunted around the pile of bike parts the flat had and found a replacement tube that would work and jimmy rigged it together! So that was my bike dilemmas for the week!

By the way it had been raining the whole morning and we had been out it and were soaked through! Our church, the Merthyr Tidfil ward starts at 2pm and goes until 5pm because our chapel is also the meeting place for the Beacon Heights ward and the Heads of the Valley ward.

I also have good news! There is a member in this ward who owns a barbershop and the missionaries get free haircuts! I haven’t had a proper haircut in sooo long! I cannot wait! Unfortunately they aren’t open today so I'll go tomorrow because I desperately need one!


I'm sending you a picture of Elder Forbes in the new mission car! jk


I've also included some pictures of what it looks like from around here.




And a picture of a piece of a painting on my own changing room wall!!

Also, I have met President Ogden and I think he's going to be a good mission president!
I love you all. Have a good week! Enjoy the pictures!
Love and cheers, Elder Brooksby!

No comments: