Tuesday, August 19, 2008

You've got questions and I've got answers....

First off this week has been quite busy with a baptism on Friday that went great, and another projection for baptism on september the 5th. There is this man we met and he's from Jamaica and he went to our church there in Jamaica and was so close to being baptized but...then he moved over here to England so instead of us finding him he actually contacted us and now we are teaching him and getting read to baptise him!It's great! We also recived a referal for a girl and we are teaching her and her partner and they probably will be baptized, which is great.

The bike riding is good I guess. My legs are building and actually I have enormous calf muscels now I was just looking at them and they are ripped out....it's a wonder I dont walk funny.

So you know that lock I was talking about that I bought, yea it stopped working and now I have to buy a new one and because it had started to rust, and I'd only used it for 2 months. The store wouldn't refund me my money so now I have a chinsey lock until I can go today to Halfords and buy a new lock that might actually last this time! But I have to get one today because if I don't I'm sure you can bet £60.00 that it will be gone in an instant at some point this week. And because I'm so early in my mission I'd rather replace my lock that the whole bike itself....I think you can understand that as well.

My trousers (not pants those are underwear) are holding in there for at least another month, but we'll see when it come to 6 months how much extra thread they have in them because of my horrible stiching job.

Thank you all for the scriptures and the updates, and Mom I'm going to send you a tape so don't worry all your questions will be answered then. I just have to finish the tape first but finding time is the hardest thing to do. I love you all and I'm proud to hear I have a sister who graduated BYU with honours (English spelling). Hope you continue to have fun. I'm doing my best out here, you can be sure of that.

Love, Elder Brett Brooksby

No comments: