Friday, September 4, 2009

Transfers

Okay - well in case you couldn't already figure it out, we had transfers. And since I'm able to write you at this time of day it means I'm not on the coach going to transfers in Birmingham. Soooo I lucked out and get to stay in the blessed town of Merthyr Tydfil for another little while! I'm sending another missionary home though.....I'll be sending Elder Forbes home, so that will be good. Although the one thing I don't like about being with missionaries as they end their mission is the fact that it make you a little bit trunky as well. And then it takes me a little while to figure things out again.

Well I'm glad you are enjoying your time in Utah, that sounds like a fun trip! I had kind of forgotten that Erin was due soooo soon. It's weird how fast time flies. I'm coimming up on my 16 month mark in just a few days! And that is crazy because that means I'll only have 8 months left.

Well today after I'm done e-mailing I'm going to a member hairdresser. He gives the missionaries free haircuts, and since I'm about due for another one I'm going to take advantage of that today!

I've got some pictures for you today! Lucky you!



The first one is one of my district. From the top left across then to the bottom left across: Sister Morris, Elder Forbes (DL), Elder Davis, Elder Nimer (ZL) Sister Winn, Me, Elder Hooper, Elder Wark (ZL). Then the next picture is pretty much the same except crazy! ;)



Well not much else is new. Just remember the next transfers is 6 weeks from today!

Well I'm loving the Welsh hills and the rain. But I'm not too big on the cold, but whatever!

Well I'll leave it at that! Have a fun week!

Love, Brett

2 comments:

Bynbrynman said...

I realise that Americans are generally a bit deficient in Geography, and of course it is not mentioned in the Bible, but Merthyr Tydfil is in WALES not England.

Glen Brooksby said...

Your point is well taken and I have changed the title of the blog. The blog was initially named when Elder Brooksby received his assignment to serve in the "Birmingham, England" mission, which includes portions of Wales. We in the USA do not always appreciate the distinctions between England, Wales, Scotland and other areas of the larger U.K. We get lazy and call the whole of it "England", which I understand is not correct. Corresponding with Elder Brooksby has helped me to become less careless with my terminology. Thanks again. Glad to know someone reads the Blog besides me! Cheers!